The Four Elements Of Bending Reviews: "The Four Elements Of Bending is a pawesome story blog. It's like a real book and is better than some I have read." -Elizabeth Orr

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Chapter 4: The New Apprentice

Misty had came out into the yard, and Campbell slammed into her. She flinched and backed up. "Campbell, slow down!" Misty exclaimed.
"I was looking for you!" Campbell gasped. "You'll never believe what's happening!" she growled.
Misty shook her head, putting her paw on a part of her head that hurt from Campbell running into her. "What is it?"
"Liberty is becoming an apprentice!" Campbell scoffed.
"Good for her!" Misty said with a smile, but knew right away that was the wrong thing to say."
"'Good for her'? How come I can't be an apprentice?!" Campbell exclaimed. "I can be just as good as her as I wanted to!" she began. Misty sighed, preparing herself for Campbell's rant. "I mean, just because she's a better fighter doesn't mean she's going to excel in everything. I think I have a right to be an apprentice, too!"
"Well, my dad told me that to become an apprentice, it's not about age or siblings doing it together. I mean yeah, they usually do, but anyway, Dad said that they need to show that they're ready for it. Apparently since Liberty has a fighting talent, Dad wanted to make her an apprentice," Misty explained.
"But it's not fair--" Campbell began.
"According to the rules it is," Misty insisted.
Campbell sighed. "Rules, rules, rules, RULES. Misty, you can't always be a goody two-paws. You need to learn what it's like to live without restrictions. Don't let the rules rule you, okay? No offense, but really..."
Misty narrowed her eyes. "Fine, if you can't put up with it then don't hang out with me."
"That's not what I meant--!" Campbell started.
"Look, try being nice to your sister, okay? And I'm sorry, but our personalities don't have to be the same for us to be friends, okay?" Misty nodded.
"How do I be nice to her? She seems like a show-off," Campbell growled.
"Just try putting on a happy face, tell her you're proud of her. I mean, she's your sister, you're going to have each other forever," Misty said.
"I wish someone else was my sister, then," Campbell muttered.
"You think you have it bad, huh? At least you can talk to yours," Misty spat.
Campbell flinched. "Oh...oh. I-I'm sorry Misty."
Misty sighed. "I can't help it. I guess the Peacebenders--"
"Benders! Gather!" came Ash's voice.
"Ugh, boy," Campbell grumbled.


"Liberty, your mentor shall be...Twister," Ash said. "I've worked alongside Twister, and I can think of no better pair of Bender and apprentice. I believe Twister will train you well Liberty."
Misty watched Liberty nod and go to sit next to Twister, who nodded at her with approval.
"Meeting over," Ash nodded. "Liberty, welcome to the apprentice rank."
Everyone all broke up, and Misty watched Liberty follow Twister into The Bending Tower - from what Misty heard, apprentices started with a tour.
"Dad! Dad!" Misty called, running up to her father.
Ash smiled down at her. "Yes, Misty?"
"When can I be an apprentice?" Misty asked. "Oh, and Campbell too?"
"You need to prove you're ready," Ash chuckled.
"But I am. And so's Campbell," Misty insisted.
"Well I haven't seen it yet," Ash said. "But don't worry, I'm sure you'll make a good apprentice."
"I will. I'll be the best," Misty puffed out her chest.
"Yes, yes. Now go on, I have work to do," Ash smiled. He then trotted off.
Misty scanned the crowd and saw Campbell sitting alone, looking a bit grumpy. Misty trotted over to her friend. "I put in a good word for us to become apprentices."
"Well, good," Campbell muttered. "I hope I graduate apprenticeship before Liberty. Maybe then others will see I can be just as 'amazing' as she is."
Misty sighed. "Enough with the complaining, puh-lease."
"You don't understand. It's like everyone focuses on Liberty and not me!" Campbell protested.
"I'm your friend, and Liberty's not," Misty pointed out.
"But--oh whatever, never mind," Campbell grumbled.
"Geez, fine," Misty muttered.
Campbell sighed. "Anyway--"
Just then, Bracken trotted over. "Hey guys!" he exclaimed, beaming at them.
"Hi!" Misty smiled at her friend. At least I'll get a distraction from Campbell's negativity, Misty thought in relief.
"Hey Campbell, tell your sister I said congratulations," Bracken nodded.
Campbell glared at Bracken and stormed off.
"What was that...?" Bracken asked, confused.
"She's...in a bad mood," Misty muttered.
"Oh." Bracken frowned. "Well anyways--"
Suddenly, there was a rumbling sound. Misty perked her ears. What the--
Then, the ground started shaking.
"Earthquake!" howled Charlotte.

Author's Note:
Sorry I haven't posted. School. ;u;

Oh, and I probably won't be online at all tomorrow. Going on a trip to Pennsylvania. If I were home I'd write a chapter, but since I'm not... :|
Short-ish chapter but whatever
And check the new pages and story blog I linked. :P

5 comments:

  1. Yaay I'm a mentor *Insert dem laaaas here&*

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY
    Ahem.
    I'm rather happy Misty stood up for Liberty, I like to see Campbell taken down a peg or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. earthquake!!!! welp blame it all on the earthbenders xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. earthquake!!!! welp blame it all on the earthbenders xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah bad earthbenders my banana hit my toe everything is there fault >:O

      Delete

Please, no rude comments, or that "magician" is going to return to set your house on fire. Again. Honestly, he has nothing better to do...