The Four Elements Of Bending Reviews: "The Four Elements Of Bending is a pawesome story blog. It's like a real book and is better than some I have read." -Elizabeth Orr

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Chapter 47: The New Wolf

"Okay, so I told the Council of the Highest about our leaving," Koro explained to the group as he came back into the room. "It took a lot of talking, but I managed to convince them to take Tiggerpaka with us."
"Wait," Misty frowned, looking at her mentor. "If the Council hates Tiggerpaka anyway, why'd it take a while for them to give him to us?"
"Something about bringing him to justice," Koro shrugged in response.
"Hey," Bracken spoke up. The group turned to look at him. "Where's Campbell? She was here a little while ago..."
"Oh, she went hunting," Misty responded. "She said something about being hungry. But she should be back momentarily."


In the woods nearby the field of the Meerkat Clan, Campbell lurked, weaving through leaves and bushes and sniffing the air, trying to detect any prey nearby. Maybe an animal in the group can appreciate my hunting skills if I catch something, Campbell thought. But I haven't hunted much...
Suddenly, something in the bushes rustled. That's gotta be something I can catch, Campbell realized. She got into her hunting position and prowled  towards the bushes, which kept rustling as if something were near it. Go! she exclaimed to herself, and leaped.
Just as she expected, Campbell pounced onto an animal and pinned it to the ground. But just as she pulled back to deliver a killing bite, she was interrupted.
"Hey, hey, hey! Don't kill me!"
Campbell clamped her mouth shut, realizing she hadn't pounced onto prey, but another wolf. He was gray, with green eyes and darker gray markings on his face. A smirk came across him. "'Ey."
With a growl, Campbell scampered off him, letting him to his paws. He sat up, and as he did Campbell saw that he was skinny, but taller than Campbell. "Who are you?" she demanded to the wolf.
"Ophir, how 'bout you?" replied the wolf.
"None of your business. What are you doing here?" Campbell asked.
"None of your business," insisted Ophir in a mocking tone.
Campbell growled. "It is my business if you're near where my friends and I are located."
"Friends, eh? You live around here?" Ophir asked, sounding curious.
"No, I'm visiting," Campbell said. "And you still didn't answer my question - why. Are. You. Here?"
"Why do you want to know so bad?" Ophir said.
"Because you could be a threat," Campbell retorted.
"What, me by myself? How am I a threat?" Ophir smirked in a way that let Campbell know he thought he was being pretty convincing. Something about him makes me sure he's not as friendly as he may insist, Campbell thought angrily. "Anyways," continued Ophir, "do you happen to know where the Earth Guardian is?"
"The what?" replied Campbell, confused.
Ophir chuckled. "Ah, never mind. I'll be on my way."
He went to keep walking, but Campbell stopped him by walking in front of him. "I don't think I can just let you go."
"Come again?"
"You're acting like a threat, Ophir, I'm gonna find out more about you."


"Hey," Lilypaka ran into the room.
"Uh, hi Lilypaka," Misty greeted her friend as the group all turned to look at Tiggerpaka's sister scurrying in. "Whatcha need?"
"You're journeying to the Land of Yin and Yang?" said Lilypaka, sounding amazed.
"How'd you find that out?" demanded Rhett. The group had all promised themselves that they wouldn't tell the Meerkat Clan where exactly they were going in case word spread. Koro had insisted someone may come out to stop them, no matter how many times Rhett replied no one would want to "stop them from saving the world".
"Overheard," Lilypaka replied. "I've heard tales of Yin and Yang, and they sound so interesting! I really want to learn more about it and the land they live in. Plus, the Meerkat Clan doesn't appreciate me, and it's boring here. Please let me come!"
"I'm okay with her coming," Lephos piped up. "She's one of the few bearable meerkats around this place."
"Yeah, sure, you can come," said Koro.
"Thank you!" Lilypaka beamed.
Then, Tiggerpaka scurried into the room. "Hello, my minions. I have escaped from that horrid prison and am now ready to set off to save the world," smirked the meerkat.
"More like endanger the world," grumbled Sidew.
"You're coming, too?" said Lilypaka in surprise.
Worry came across Tiggerpaka's face. "What does she mean...?"
"Lilypaka's coming with us!" exclaimed Bracken happily. "So your sister gets to go on the journey with you."
Tiggerpaka moaned angrily. "Aw, NO! Not her! She's pathetic, she'll just slow us down!"
Misty turned to Lilypaka, expecting for her to look offended, but she just rolled her eyes. "Well then," muttered Misty, "this journey's bound to be rather interesting."
Just then, Campbell burst into the room. Misty looked and was rather surprised to see she had a much skinnier wolf next to her - but the wolf was about a head taller than Campbell. He was gray with green eyes, and dark gray markings on his face. Campbell was looking rather grumpy - but that wasn't really new - and the wolf she was with had an arrogant smirk on his face. "I found this guy looking for someone called the Earth Guardian, and he was in the woods by the field," Campbell explained with a growl.
"And?" said Lephos, rolling his eyes.
"And I don't believe he should be trusted here. He's been acting suspicious," Campbell insisted.
"I'm doing a job for someone, can't a guy just do what he needs to do without being questioned?" muttered Ophir.
"Campbell, I really don't think we need this guy here," Koro said. "We should release him."
"Thank you," nodded Ophir.
"But--!" Campbell began to protest.
"What? Want me to stick around?" Ophir smirked.
Campbell growled. "I don't trust you."
"And you shouldn't," chuckled Ophir.
"Just shut up, stupid minions!" Tiggerpaka shouted. "We--I, I mean--must go save the world and head off to the Land of Yang and Yin to save everyone's pathetic hides!"
"Tiggerpaka!" roared Rhett, pinning Tiggerpaka to the ground in anger.
"What?!" demanded Tiggerpaka, glaring at Rhett.
"You just gave it away!" snapped Campbell. "You idiot!"
Suddenly, everyone began yelling at Tiggerpaka. Misty glanced at Ophir; she knew that everyone was mad at Tiggerpaka for mentioning Yin and Yang in front of an animal they didn't know. Misty then looked back at the fight; Tiggerpaka was back on his feet, yelling back at everyone, and the rest of the group was shouting at Tiggerpaka. But there were so many shouts that it was too much for Misty to hear exactly what anyone was saying.
"Hey!" Lilypaka shouted. But no one heard the meerkat. She then took a breath and shrieked, "HEY!"
The group fell silent.
"Look," Lilypaka went over to her fuming brother. "I know that my brother may be a bit of a screw-up..." She then looked around the room and whispered to the group, "he was actually dropped on the head as a kit...ten times!" Lilypaka glanced at her brother before adding in a hiss, "and I don't know if all of them were actually on accident!"
"Why am I not surprised," muttered Campbell.
"But look...Tiggerpaka isn't all that bad," Lilypaka insisted. "He can be...nice..."
"As much as I'm shocked, my sister speaks the truth," Tiggerpaka puffed out his chest.
"Yeah, right!" growled Campbell. "And mice fly."
"Well, he did some nice things," Misty insisted. "He, like, uh...busted us out of those cages."
"And nearly got us killed in the process," added Rhett.
"Yeah, you're right," muttered Misty defeatedly.
"I have done a multitude of great things!" declared Tiggerpaka. "I can't count the number of times on my paws! You all are just too simple-minded to recognize my greatness!" He then smiled at Campbell patronizingly as he said the last part.
"You're the simple-minded one here," hissed Campbell.
Tiggerpaka walked up to Campbell and reached up and patted Campbell on the muzzle. "Tut, tut, my jealous child. One day you'll realize how grateful you should be that you got to bask in my greatness."
"So," Ophir spoke up, and everyone looked at him. "You're all going to the Land of Yin and Yang?"
"No," said Sidew quickly.
"What use is there in denying it?" hissed Lephos. He turned to Ophir, lifting his chin. "Yes, why do you care?"
"I know...quite a bit about that land," Ophir gave a slight smile.
"Oh?" Campbell looked at Ophir. "In that case, you're coming with us."
"Why is he?" asked Bracken, looking confused.
"Duh," Campbell rolled her eyes. "Because he should know how to get there."
"Good idea," Koro nodded. Campbell looked honored.
"Alright, I'll come," Ophir smirked. "I'll be happy to assist you."
This bothered Misty. Why is he so willing to tag along? she wondered.

Author's Note:
Maybe, Misty, because he has a thing for CAMPBELL
nah that's not the real reason :P he just wants to murder them and shiz, you'll understand if you read "The Assassin and the Stones" chapter.
Oh and please check out my new blog, "The OC Mission!" it's a collab between two of my close friends, and I can't wait to start writing on it 8D

QOTD: What do you think of Ophir?
AOTD: He's an arrogant character, and yeah he's cool with me.

4 comments:

  1. new blog? The OC Mission? **sighs heavily** I suppose you will want me to star in that blog too. Ok, ok, you can stop begging, I will sign up for the starring role now, happy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hnnnng o:<
    Ophir's okay, and I can always respect a creepy character

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ophir? He's just a normal wolf who happens to know some stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Please, no rude comments, or that "magician" is going to return to set your house on fire. Again. Honestly, he has nothing better to do...