The Four Elements Of Bending Reviews: "The Four Elements Of Bending is a pawesome story blog. It's like a real book and is better than some I have read." -Elizabeth Orr

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Chapter 45: Electing a Leader

"So you don't even know where this 'Land of Yin and Yang' is, yet we're heading towards it?" demanded Campbell later that day. Misty had explained to the group about what she had learned from Majaka and the Speaker. "I really do not--"
"I suggest we embark soon," said Koro. "We're bound to find the Land of Yin and Yang somehow, right?"
"The Peacebenders can tell us how to get there!" exclaimed Bracken. "Right, Misty?"
"Uh," Misty began, "about that--"
"Bracken. There are no Peacebenders," Koro insisted. "We'll have to get there on our own."
Bracken's face grew sad. "But--"
"Hey, it's true," agreed Campbell. "They're not going to help us."
Bracken's ears drooped in disappointment.
"Yeah..." Misty said hesitantly. "We should head off. But we got to bring Tiggerpaka with us."
The group moaned.
"Let him stay here!" protested Sidew. "He's nothing but trouble."
"He's exiled!" Misty turned to him. "Remember? He can't stay here."
"Who cares?" Sidew snorted. "Besides, you're not leader."
"Well, last time I checked, we don't have a leader, so I can have a say in things," Misty retorted.
"We'd better leave Tiggerpaka here, or I'm leaving you guys and heading back to The Bending Tower," growled Campbell.
"Yeah. Tiggerpaka'll just slow us down," agreed Rhett.
"Tiggerpaka will get killed without us!" exclaimed Misty. "We can't--"
"Once again, you're not any kind of leader!" Sidew said. "You're outnumbered."
"But--"
"Oh yeah. Just because your father's the big leader of The Bending Tower, you got to be leader, too?" Campbell glared at Misty.
"It has NOTHING to do with Ash being my father!" snarled Misty, making everyone fall silent. "Why do you have to assume I want to be leader, just because I think Tiggerpaka should follow us?! It has nothing to do with leadership. It has to do with doing the right thing!"
"I think you'd be a good leader," murmured Bracken, breaking the silence.
"Should we elect a leader?" Lephos asked. "We're going to need one..."
"In which case, I vote myself," smirked Sidew.
"You can't vote for yourself," Lephos retorted.
"I vote for Koro," Rhett said, glancing at his brother, who looked surprised.
"Same," Campbell agreed, looking at Misty.
What's that all about? Misty demanded in her head, anger rising.
"Uh...I'll vote for Koro," piped up Lephos.
"Some brother you are," snorted Sidew.
"I vote Misty!" exclaimed Bracken.
Oh Lifebreeze, Bracken... sighed Misty.
"Misty," said Sidew.
"I thought you didn't want her to be leader," Campbell replied.
"Well, anything's better than Koro," Sidew grumbled.
"If you don't take that back--" began Rhett with a growl.
"Be quiet, it's fine," Koro said. "And, uh...I think I'm going to vote for Misty..."
They were all silent.
"It's a tie," sighed Rhett. "How do we break it?"
"Ooh! They should fight to the death for it!" exclaimed Sidew, laughing.
"Not a fight to the death," Lephos said, "but a fight for the role would be interesting..."
Misty's heart began to hammer. Great. A fight, for a role I don't want, against my mentor. I don't stand a chance.
"Sure, let's see it," Campbell nodded in agreement.
"But no Bending," insisted Koro.
Everyone looked at him.
"I've had more practice in Bending than Misty," Koro explained. "It'd give me an unfair advantage. Just fighting, at least instinct could kick in and that'd be fair."
"I suppose that's fine," shrugged Lephos.
"Alright, prepare to fight!" Sidew grinned. "First to surrender loses! Three...two..." The group all backed up against the wall to give plenty of space. "...one...GO!"
Koro jumped at Misty. Fear took over her and she quickly darted to the side, avoiding the attack from her mentor. I didn't sign up for this, Misty thought fretfully. I could at least try to win, right?
Maybe I could make my father proud.
Misty turned as Koro slammed into her, forcing her into the wall. Misty turned just in time to see Koro about to attack with his claws again, and she easily ducked from his strike and pushed into his chest with all her force. This made her mentor stumble, and Misty shot out from around him, and then jumped.
Koro quickly turned around and easily pushed Misty back with his paw. She hit the ground and scrambled to her paws, only to be pinned by Koro.
"I give up!" she yelled.
"Koro wins!" exclaimed Sidew.
Koro stepped off and looked at Misty. "You okay?"
"Fine," Misty replied.
"Sorry 'bout that," apologized Koro. "You'd be a good leader though..."
"I never wanted to be," insisted Misty.
"So, Koro, what do we do now?" said Lephos.
"We should probably get some food and embark for the Land of Yin and Yang," Koro said. "You guys can all go hunting if you'd like. And...we're going to bring Tiggerpaka."
Everyone - except Bracken and Misty - groaned in response.
"Misty's right," Koro insisted. "We'd be doing the right thing."
"Fine," muttered Sidew.
"We'll announce to the Meerkat Clan that we're leaving," said Koro. "If the world is in danger, well...we should leave as soon as possible."

Author's Note:
QOTD (Question Of The Day): Who's your favorite character so far in this series?
AOTD (Answer Of The Day): Bracken, he's adorable :D


I'm going to start doing QOTDs in the ANs, which you can answer in the comments below. :) I'll also put a AOTDs, which is what my answer would be.

4 comments:

  1. Bracken's pretty cool, but I don't really have a favorite because they all have their own special qualities!

    --Tempest/Perry4464 on a glitchy computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. TIGGERKAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also I like how Misty didn't become leader because well the main character always is powerful n' stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty ALL THE WAY she's awesome and liberty her attitude makes me laugh ._.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite is probably Liberty uwu

    ReplyDelete

Please, no rude comments, or that "magician" is going to return to set your house on fire. Again. Honestly, he has nothing better to do...