The Four Elements Of Bending Reviews: "The Four Elements Of Bending is a pawesome story blog. It's like a real book and is better than some I have read." -Elizabeth Orr

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chapter 19: Return of Tiggerkat

Howls of alarm erupted from the Tower, and Liberty covered her ears in annoyance with her paws. What's with the whining? So they were taken. Whining doesn't get us anywhere! Liberty growled to herself. She then looked to see Ash barking something and the noise seemed to die down, so Liberty got back up, lifting her paws back off her ears and listening. "...took them?" Ash was saying.
"Sounds like this...terrible thing I've heard about before," shivered Crash.
"And? What is it, Crash?" Ash pressed.
"They've been told in tales before, and most animals who encountered them said it wasn't pleasant," Crash explained. "Some were kidnapped. Others were nearly killed. Lucky ones managed to run away. I've seen one before, and I was able to avoid it...but dang, they're ugly."
"Are you going to tell us what it is or not?" demanded Twig.
"...Humans," Crash hissed.
"Humans," echoed Patch.
"Yes. They've never been around here before - I encountered a human somewhere far, far from this place - but somehow they found us. It'd be dangerous if they found The Bending Tower. Humans are intelligent. Very. Intelligent. My father, who had lived close to a human den, told me about them. They discovered a way to capture the sun and put it in their dens. They have sticks that spit rocks that can kill you, or put you in serious pain. But, they have flaws..." Crash explained.
The whole Bending Tower was silent, drawing closer to Crash's words. Liberty cocked her head, curious.
"Humans never seem to want to be quiet. If they're coming, they make a rather big racket," Crash said. "Also, my father told me they tend to be...cowards. But it really depends. A cat against a human? Human easily snatches up the cat, cat's gone. A bear against a human? Human's scared and flees. They have a sense about what their up against. I think it depends on size."
"So if a lion challenged a human, they'd be scared?" Slice said.
"Exactly," Crash confirmed. "We should wait until the humans make an appearance again. My father stated when they have a mission they'd like to complete, they get in, get out. If they come back and kidnap more of us, we attack. Until then, we should be on the lookout."
Everyone began murmuring, and Ash frowned. "Hm, that sounds like a good idea. Thank you, Crash."
Crash nodded back to Ash.
"We got to search for our missing Benders," Ash declared. "Cambpell, Misty and Adele were kidnapped. And I'm sure anyone else missing got taken, too. That's most likely what happened to Tiggerpaka as well. Who else is missing?"
"Bracken is!" Firefly exclaimed.
"Lephos and Sidew are too!" Nyla cried.
"No...!" Audrey whimpered.
"Rhett and Koro are," Light growled. "I'm going to kill--"
"Calm down," Kodi insisted, "we'll find them."
"Anyone else?"
"Not to my knowledge," shrugged Crystal.
"Me neither," Mkia said.
Liberty glanced at her mother, who looked to be shaking with fear. Liberty's father, Dust, was next to her, his tail wrapped around her in comfort. Well, I'm sure we all knew Campbell's stupidity would get her in trouble at some point, Liberty thought with a snort.
"Raoul, I'll have you set up searching parties--" Ash began.
"Hello!"
Everyone turned to look Tiggerkat bounding through the entrance, reese cup sack on her back.
"Tiggerkat!" cried Wyki, Mirage and Sirius, running up to her.
"Why is she back? I thought we got rid of her," Rusty muttered.
"There were absolutely no reese cups out there," Tiggerkat said, popping a reese cup in her mouth. "So I came back to you all, my best friends!"
"Oh boy," hissed Akumu.
"Hush," said Flare.
"Tiggerkat, did you see any signs of...humans?" Ash asked.
"Humans? Oh yeah!" Tiggerkat exclaimed. "I saw some get into this fat brown creature with black paws. I call it a 'car'."
"A car?" echoed Kodi.
"Well, that's what I named it," Tiggerkat said, eating another reese cup.
"Okay. So this car...what happened?" Raoul said.
"Mm, they just got into it and the car ran off," Tiggerkat shrugged. "Nothing too important."
"Yes it is! They took some of our apprentices!" Nyla cried.
"And Koro and Rhett!" Light snarled. "Do you think I went through the stupidity of pregnancy, just to have them taken away? Well, I didn't!"
"Then we must find them!" Tiggerkat declared.
"Yes, we're sending out searching parties," Ash nodded.
"Ooh! A party?!" Tiggerkat exclaimed. "What's it for? I wanna join!"
"...Tiggerkat, I think you should just go to the travellers' room," Eclipse suggested.
"Oh, okay!" Tiggerkat grinned, hopping into The Bending Tower.
"...And to think she was gone forever," Rusty sighed.

Author's Note:
Be sure to check my new stories if you haven't already. :P
Annnnnd I dunno what else to say. ouo

3 comments:

  1. A 'car"?? what kind of ridiculous thing is that? Never, ever listen to Tiggerkat! She's crazy as a loon! Now let's get back to some of our more important characters Mistakaroo!


    oh---and in case you are a bit slow on the uptake, by important characters, I mean ME!

    ReplyDelete

Please, no rude comments, or that "magician" is going to return to set your house on fire. Again. Honestly, he has nothing better to do...